Our approach to education
- To provide a relaxed environment that supports both children and families as children
make the transition from home to nursery.
- To create a values led environment where the child is at the heart of everything
- To build children’s confidence, self-esteem and independence.
- To inspire children to learn and support them to flourish in a positive learning
- To create an atmosphere where all children are included and each develops their
own personalities, thoughts and ideas.
- To support and extend their learning through play, working from the children’s interests
and existing knowledge, building upon their starting points.
- To provide a safe and secure environment where children feel safe and confident
to explore and express themselves.
- To develop and respect parental views and work in close partnership together.
- To employ a highly dedicated and enthusiastic team of experienced early years practitioners,
who are committed to providing high quality care and education to young children.
- To be reflective in order to continue to meet the changing needs of our families
and the community.
- Margo Evans
- Charity Manager
Qualified in 1996 and has been in childcare for at least the last 18 years. Margo
has been with OAKS for the past 10 years and has worked with a variety of ages of
children over the years, from birth to 18. She has a particular interest in special
educational needs and advocates the benefits of psychical education in supporting
- Zoe Williams
- Acting Manager of Honey Bees
Has worked in Early Years for 10 years, Zoe joined Honey Bees in 2007. She has had
experience in supervising a baby room, 2 & 3 year old room, and a Pre-school room
and has also been Deputy Manager for 3 years. Has recently been acting as nursery
manager and gaining the skills this position requires.
- Stacey Royle
- Acting Deputy Manager
Has worked in Early Years for 13 years. Stacey has had experience in working with
all age groups between 3mths – 5yrs. She has been Baby room Supervisor for six years
and has recently gained experience as Deputy Manager and the duties which this role
- Carey Swarbrick
- Pre School Supervisor
BA Hons in Early Childhood studies, Early Years Professional Status, first aid.
- Diane Wilkins
- Lead Supervisor
Has worked in the Early Years sector since 2003 training through the O.A.K.S. Has been lead supervisor of Daisy Chain Pre-School for 4 years.
- Donna Manuel
- Deputy Supervisor
NVQ level 3